top of page

Frequently asked questions


I have a question or query, how am I best to contact Kaleidoscope?

Emailing is the best way to contact us so that we can ensure that your email is directed to the right person in our team. We are a small team and during busier times of the month when we are running payroll, there might be a slight delay in replying. We appreciate your patience and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Is my employer Kaleidoscope?

No, your employer is the person you support.

How can I apply to be a PA?

Please email and request a PA application pack.

Do I need a DBS?

Yes, all PA's are required to have a DBS. If you do not have this, we can apply for one on your behalf at the cost of £65.

I already work for another client with Kaleidoscope, do I need to complete another starter form?

Yes, for GDPR legislation we need a separate form for each employment as we cannot share documents between client folders.

When do I need to send in my timesheet?

If your pay day is the 10th of the month, then we need your timesheet no later than the 3rd of the month.

If your pay date is the 25th of the month, then we need your timesheet no later than the 18th of the month.

We are unable to guarantee that any late timesheets will be processed in that month, and we would need to roll these hours over the next month which could mean you paying more tax than necessary. If there are any difficult circumstances that mean your timesheet is late, please email us as soon as possible and we will try and help wherever possible.

How will I receive my payslips?

You will receive an email a couple of days before payday containing your payslip. Your password is your National Insurance number in all uppercase, with no spaces. 

Do I get holiday pay?

Yes, you get equivalent to 5.6 weeks per year. 

Can I carry over my annual leave?

The Working Time Regulations 1998 allow for some untaken statutory holiday to be carried forward from one year to the next, provided the employer consents to this. 

The law specifies that at least four weeks leave must be taken in the year in which it falls, but that the remaining 1.6 weeks may be carried over with the employer's permission. 

Payment in lieu of taking statutory time off is not allowed for within the regulations. Employers should only make payments for unused statutory holiday which has built up where the contract has ended. 

I think my tax code is incorrect, what should I do?

If you have received a new tax code notice from HMRC, please forward this to

We are unable to change any tax codes without the authorisation from HMRC. If you think your tax code has been issued incorrectly or your employment circumstances have changed, please call the HMRC employee helpline on 0300 200 3300.

If the person I'm supporting wants to go on an activity, such as to the cinema, am I required to pay for myself?

No, any expenses that you incur as a result of doing your job should be met by your employer.

We do encourage you to cut costs for the sake of your employer. For example, if the person you support likes going to the cinema you could support them to apply for a Cinema Exhibition Association card (C.E.A card) by visiting

This enables the holder to have the person supporting them gain free entry. We always encourage PA's to phone venues ahead of visits to check whether there is anything that would be helpful to know. 

bottom of page